Coming season, a few new rules will be implemented in indoor hockey.
The following rules are altered:
- Indoor hockey will be played 6 against 6, both for juniors and seniors.
- Mouthprotection (a mouthguard) is required for all players, both indoor and on the field.
- The amount of times a goalie can be switched is limited to two, just like last season. Switching a fully equipped goalie for another fully equipped goalie isn’t counted as an official switch.
- A player in possession of the ball cannot be pent-up in the corner of the field or at the sidebar by opponents with their stick flat on the ground. Opponents must leave an opening through which the ball can be played.
- Apart from a warning, a green card for a player also means a time penalty of 1 minute.
- A free push close to the circle edge will not be put back to 3 meters outside of the circle, but taken from the place of the foul. Before the ball can be played into the circle it must:
– have rolled three meters, or
– have been hit by an opponent, or
– first have hit the balk.